Elegantly simple workflow.
LevitasBio has introduced the first platform that sorts cells without any markers or modifications. For the first time, researchers have access to all high-value primary samples regardless of starting cell number or viability. Our first product, the LeviCell, delivers simple, label-free cell separation in a fast, reliable and low-maintenance solution to sort cell populations. Thus, the LeviCell enables studies and beneficial uses of previously inaccessible, high-value primary samples and sensitive cell types.
1. Sample introduction
Sample pipetted into Levitas Consumable.
2. Automated Label-Free Sorting
Magnetic force levitation based on cell density/characteristics.
3. Separation & Sorting
Levitated cells transition into separate collection ports for later removal.
How It Works
Levitas technology separates individual cells according to type or state based on the different levitation heights caused by their unique magnetic and density signatures.
Our LeviCell system presents a fast, simple, and highly-flexible platform requiring minimal training and no calibration.
Higher Sorting Accuracy
- Separate populations down to individual cells
- Cells are gently collected in an unaltered state
- No negative impact on population representation
High sample purity
- No dyes or labels are used
- No cell stress or pressure
- No gene expression changes in primary cells
- Various cell types can be imaged, counted, and classified within a single workflow
- Debris removal included in the process
- RBC removal included in the process
Ease of use
- Run to run reproducibility without re-calibration
- Sterility: Fits within a cell culture hood or biosafety cabinet
- No debris removal, pre-purification, or aerosols required
- Works with large cells and clusters including:
Embryos, Animals, Organoids
- Cells can be suspended in any cell media or liquid
High Yield and Viability
- Rare cell sensitivity – limit of detection
- Ability to culture post enrichment
- Able to sort with very low cell count
Steps and time required to operate.
Levitas LeviCell radically cuts the number of steps and total time to effectively collect targeted cells.
we are exploring
Especially useful with precious or difficult samples, magnetic levitation allows users to separate live from dead cells in a fast, simple and gentle process.
Real-time drug response offers a fast, accurate, and simple approach to bacterial detection and antibiotic resistance testing.
For detection and screening of circulating tumor cells, the Levitas system solves key technical challenges.
Effective, fast, and simple separation of differentiated cells from stem cells and iPSC, allows a culture of homogeneous cell populations.
Accurate separation and identiﬁcation of key cell types, such as activated leukocytes, could overcome key challenges in CAR-T therapy.
We are always curious to learn about potential application areas for our technology. If you have ideas for research and collaboration, let us know!